By Bill Notes – Is inequality inevitable?

Melinda and I started our foundation twenty years ago because we believed that everyone everywhere deserved an equal opportunity to thrive. But in order to address inequities, you need to know exactly where—and for whom—they exist. Few people understand these issues in the United States better than Harvard economist Raj Chetty. Rashida and I were pleased he could join us to talk about his groundbreaking research on economic mobility, which measures a person’s ability to move up the income ladder.
Raj’s data provides fascinating and often surprising insights into where opportunity exists on the neighborhood level. I was particularly interested in his findings about two areas in central Los Angeles: Watts and Compton. Even though their neighborhoods are mere miles apart and demographically similar, a child born in a very low-income family in Compton is much more likely to earn a decent income, avoid incarceration, and escape poverty than one born in Watts.
We asked Compton’s mayor, Aja Brown, to come on the podcast and help us understand why. I am so impressed by the work she’s done to make her city better, especially her gang intervention program. Even though many of the initiatives Mayor Brown has created might not work in every city, civic leaders and policymakers can learn a lot from her about assessing and addressing a community’s specific needs. Compton’s success gives me hope for the future.

Behind The Scenes – Bonus Content 2
Three things

For More Information, You Can Visit!



About – Las Vegas, Nevada, America

The history of Las Vegas covers both the city of Las Vegas, Nevada, and the Las Vegas Valley.

The name Las Vegas was given to the city in 1829 by Rafael Rivera, a member of the Spanish explorer Antonio Armijo trading party that was traveling to Los Angeles, and stopped for water there on the Old Spanish Trail from New Mexico.

At that time, several parts of the valley contained artesian wells surrounded by extensive green areas; Las Vegas means “the meadows” in Spanish. The flows from the wells fed the Las Vegas Wash, which runs to the Colorado River.

The settlement of Las Vegas was founded in 1905 after opening of a railroad that linked Los Angeles and Salt Lake City.

For Full Information, You Can Visit!


Science About Light Pollution – Too Bright To Breed

Night light from coastal cities overpowers natural signals for coral spawning from neighboring reefs.
Most coral species reproduce through broadcast spawning. For such a strategy to be successful, coordination has had to evolve such that gametes across clones are released simultaneously. Over millennia, lunar cycles have facilitated this coordination, but the recent development of bright artificial light has led to an overpowering of these natural signals. Ayalon et al. tested for the direct impact of different kinds of artificial light on different species of corals. The authors found that multiple lighting types, including cold and warm light-emitting diode (LED) lamps, led to loss of synchrony and spawning failure. Further, coastal maps of artificial lighting globally suggest that it threatens to interfere with coral reproduction worldwide and that the deployment of LED lights, the blue light of which penetrates deeper into the water column, is likely to make the situation even worse.

For Full Information, You Can Visit!


Maayan Gordon – Branding & Marketing Consultant

– 2M+ followers. – 750 MILLION+ video views – $1 Million+ in Sale
About Me – My Name is e
Maayan Gordon
$1 Million+ in Sales$1 Million+ in SalesAnd this is My Story…..
My life has been an incredible adventure, that has taken me to the highest of highs and lowest of lows.
From Grade School to College
Enim elit arcu diam vestibulum adipiscing eros phasellus placerat.
Early Childhood
“Kids deserve the right to think that they can change the world.” ~ Lois Lowry
My journey began early on in my childhood because I grew up in pretty unique circumstances. Both of my parents are currently PhD scientists and highly accomplished, but when I was young my mother was still in graduate school and my father was a nurse practitioner midwife and one of the only male midwife’s in the entire nation.
My mother always made me feel that I was UNIQUE and SPECIAL. She instilled in me a sense of self and from an early age let me know that life would not be easy, but that I had the STRENGTH to overcome all obstacles. She often told me that it was MY RESPONSIBILITY to make the world a better place.
My father was both loving and strong. He was the one who would play with me often but also instilled discipline and let me know when I was acting out or misbehaving. He was often gone for 1-2 days at a time as he has 24-hour on call shifts at the hospital and I often missed him.
I grew up orthodox Jewish and from third grade until fifth grade went to an Orthodox Jewish school with very small classes and our day was split evenly between retake studies and secular studies.
I got to develop some critical thinking skills early on through the Judaic studies classes because the main focus was on reading text from the Torah and then trying to interpret what it actually meant. We would even study the writings of other scholars and what their interpretations were. Everything was a puzzle that was meant to be solved and there was no one right answer.
2nd-5th Grade
“The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don’t tell you what to see.” ~ Alexandra K. Trenfor
In 2nd and 3rd Grade I attended a TINY Jewish School that was in the basement of my synagogue. We had only 2 teachers and 2 grades to make up the entire school. I remember LOVING this school as it was based on active learning, working together as a class, and exploration. We would often takes trips around the neighborhood, had weekly pizza parties, and learning was FUN!
In 4th and 5th grade I went to Seattle Hebrew Academy. I always felt so different than everyone even though we were all Jewish. At Seattle Hebrew academy, most people’s parents were rabbis or more religious than my parents in practice.
One major life incident happened when I was in fifth grade on Mother’s Day. I was riding my bike with my entire family at Seward Park in Seattle and I had a biking accident where I was propelled into the air along with my bike and when I landed I had a major laceration deep into my groin.
I was taken to the hospital via ambulance and needed 144 stitches with most of them being internal. I spent a full week in bed barely able to move and then when I return to school how do use crutches for six months.
Being Orthodox Jewish there were so many rules we had to keep. We kept kosher which meant we didn’t eat pork and most means that were sold in stores. I wasn’t allowed to have food from McDonald’s or any fast food restaurants and we had to check every food package that we got from the grocery store to make sure it had the kosher symbol on it.
6th-8th Grade
“Middle school is exactly what it sounds like. A mixed-up mess of nothing, and yet everything at the same time.”
Julia Remillard
For middle school I went to Aki Kurose in rainier beach neighborhood of Seattle where I was one of only 8 or 9 white students out of 800 in the entire school. It was a profoundly different cultural experience that allowed me early on to see how big of an impact environment had on how we thought of ourselves and our futures.
At Aki Kurose most of the kids cared more about what shoes they were wearing and what TV shows they were into versus how well they were doing in math or history class. I quickly outgrew the schools capacity to teach me math and would take a metro public bus in the middle of the day to go to Franklin high school for a more advanced math class with juniors in high school.
One of the years I received an award for most outstanding student in my entire class. This was not some thing that the other kids looked up to me for it was something I was made fun of.
The one saving grace for me was that I was much taller than most girls my age and had quite an athletic build so I tried out for the basketball team and this was my first time playing basketball in my life. I picked it up pretty quickly and moved from the JV to the varsity team after one year.
This is where I fell in love with basketball, not only for the fun of the game but the camaraderie and friendship that came along with being on a team, and one that was at the top of the league. We had an amazing coach that not only pushed us but showed us lots of love and compassion.

My Love of Reading and Fear of People
“It is not true we have only one life to love, if we can read, we can live as many lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish.”
― S.I. Hayakawa
After middle school I got into a prestigious private school in Seattle called Lakeside. This was another major shift in my life and everyone who went to the school was highly motivated, a great student, smart, talented, and most of them came from rich families.
This was when I got my first laptop at age 12. I started to explore the Internet and fell in love with the ability to discover new things I never know existed by searching online.
Up until this point I had strictly observed the Sabbath on Saturdays which meant that I did not use any form of electricity which meant no television, no driving in a car, no turning on and off the lights. I would go to synagogue with my family in the mornings and afterwards I would spend the rest of the day reading fiction books. Sometimes my dad would play a boardgame with me and my brother Moshe.
To be honest, I spent much of my time at home reading books. I had trouble making friends because I always felt so different and didn’t know how to connect in conversation. Books where my escapism. I could travel to far off and distant lands and experience all of the emotions are so craved through adventure and imagination.
I fell in love with the process of reading in the narrators voice and getting to experience emotions and thoughts that I never had in real life. I realized I had a profound capacity to feel empathy whether that was for fictional characters or people I had never met yet. I knew early on that this was a deep part of who I was and who I was always going to be.
When I got that first laptop things changed and I started spending Saturdays online. I also stopped keeping the sabbath because I often had basketball practice or games on Saturday that my parents would have to drive me to or I would take the public bus.
My parents have always given me a large degree of independence and I often took the public metro bus even from a very young age. My mother did worry and I regularly received warnings to never talk to strangers and how older men should not be trusted.
This instilled the fear of people I didn’t know from a very young age and for the next 10 years of my life I was scared to talk to people and make new connections. It had been ingrained deep in my head that people had an ulterior motive either to harm me or make fun of me.
Lakeside High School
“I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.” – Winston Churchill
When I started school at Lakeside it was a breath of fresh air. The environment was supportive and welcoming and even though I still felt like an outsider, it felt more OK to express myself and it was encouraged for me to explore my curiosities.
I have always been a great student and high school was no different. I consistently got A’s and B+ at one of the most difficult schools in the nation.
I flourished at Lakeside because the teachers cared more about us as students then almost anyone I have ever met outside of my immediate family. They showed not just a caring for our academia but for us as people and encouraged us to think critically and helped us find a strong sense of self.
I continue playing basketball and was on the junior varsity team for my freshman and sophomore year and then moved up to varsity for my junior and senior year. Our team was highly competitive with Sandy Schneider as a coach, who is in the Washington State women’s basketball Hall of Fame and holds the longest win streak record of any high school basketball team.
I gained an incredible amount of confidence from basketball and fell in love with the team aspect but I also still struggled greatly. Because I got into basketball at a relatively late age, I was not one of the best on the team. In fact out of the six girls in my grade who were on the varsity team, I was the least talented.
I remember that there were only a few games in my entire career where I was a starting player and most of the times came into the game off of the bench. I crave so much more and was often heartbroken that despite spending endless hours in the gym to practice even outside of team practices it was not enough for me to break through to the very top tier.
My identity was very much wrapped up in basketball, but it wasn’t the only thing with which I identified.
My Summer In Oaxaca, Mexico
“Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
When I was 16 years old, the summer after 10th grade ended my parents let me sign up and paid for me to go to a school in Oaxaca Mexico for a month and a half long immersive program. This was an incredible experience and adventure.
I had a host family that I stayed with in their upper apartment and they cooked most of my meals for me in the beginning, but as I grew to make friends through the classes that I took at the school where I was learning Spanish, cooking, and had an inter-cambio with a local student who is learning English I became much more adventurous.
The class I took on a daily basis was very smart and there were only two other women so we bonded very quickly and started enjoying meals together.
They were both over 20, and invited me to start going out drinking and dancing on Tuesday and Wednesday nights which were the main club nights in Oaxaca.
I had never had so much fun, excitement, and deep friendship before. In fact we bonded so much that a month into the experience we decided to skip out on school altogether and take a 10 hour bus to the beach at Playa Escondido.
We got to go out to eat, party every single night, mingle with international travelers from all over the world, and enjoy the beach to the fullest. We would meet new strangers every night and it was truly the adventure I had read about in sought after and all of the books I read growing up.
This is also the first time that I ever tried smoking cannabis. I quickly fell in love with how the drug made me feel in the escapism it allowed me to experience. And when I went back to Seattle it was relatively easy for me to find more so I started smoking on a very regular basis.

Raising Guide Dogs for the Blind
“The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.”– Pablo Picasso
I had always had a profound love and passion for animals. After many years of begging, my parents had finally relented and allowed me to get a dog which they had picked out from the shelter and named her Lucky.
I loved lucky but it always wanted a puppy. My parents refused for us to get another pet dog but after several more years of begging and good grades and extra chores, they presented me with another option.
They said if I wanted that I could raise a guide dog for the blind. I would get the dog as a puppy but would have to give it up after a year and a half so that it could go serve a blind person.
it was an easy yes and I jumped at the opportunity not only to get the puppy that I always dreamed of but also be able to make a profound impact on someone else’s life in a way that I never had before. I had to go to six months of guide dog training meetings before I was allowed to get my puppy who’s name was Garth.
This was an incredible experience for me because I took Garth everywhere and he almost never left my side except for when he slept at night inside of his crate. I took him to school with me, on the metro bus, to basketball games and everywhere in between.
Lying, Stealing, and Drugs
“The only thing more exhausting than being depressed is pretending that you’re not.” – Anonymous

I learned a lot about discipline and also felt less lonely having this loving dog by my side at all times but I was still missing the deep human connection I always craved for. No one ever invited me over to their house during high school, except for a handful of times. Even though I had friends at school and was able to get along with almost everyone, no one wanted me to be their close friend.
This started to especially effect me late in my junior year as classes became increasingly difficult, we had to start preparing for college applications, and I started slipping in basketball. The culmination of all these things let me to self harm for a very short period where I cut myself in an effort to relieve myself of the emotional pain I was facing on a constant basis.
A counselor at school who was taking the same Spanish class as me noticed and informed my parents and I was forced to go to dialectical behavioral therapy. At the time I hated going to therapy but really did learn a lot about how the brain works and how we can start to manage and control our negative emotions through physical or cognitive exercises.
During my junior year I would often smoke after school and get lost in YouTube videos. I was a great student so it was something no one really ever noticed, until one day my parents ended up finding all of my homemade smoking paraphernalia that I had hidden under my bed and it was a disaster. They were incredibly disappointed in me and thought I needed some serious help.
During the summer of my junior year, Garth had completed his training with me and I gave him up to go on to “Guide Dog College” where he learned further skills on how to operate in his harness it was matched with a blind person. I quickly got a new puppy named Shep to love and train.
Things started to slip further in my senior year as I had more freedom with my schedule, fewer classes, and even less of a desire to pursue my education. I started smoking and getting high before classes
and dueing my free periods with skip school to go to different stores and steal small items.
After returning from an amazing experience in Mexico I felt quite bored and was driven by the lack of adventure, and theft was definitely more exciting and some thing that gave me a bit of an adrenaline rush. I kept doing this until one day I was caught when I stole several items of high-end clothing from REI, which has its own theft department.
Because I was 17 and not 18 years old yet they decided to call my parents instead of calling the police even though I was technically under arrest. Again my parents were incredibly disappointed. I felt an incredible amount of shame and started to distance myself from anyone who really cared about me.
“College has given me the confidence I need to fail.” —Jarod Klintz
I have been accepted into two different schools that I applied to, one was the University of Washington and the other was Occidental College.
In my eyes the only option was to go to Occidental College because I wanted to get out of my parents house and it seems like the only way to do it. I honestly wasn’t even aware of the option that I could just get a regular job and live on my own.
College was the classic experience that I always thought it would be. I lived in a dorm room with 300 other boys and girls, and it was partying and drinking almost every night but especially on the weekends.
I had no self-control or self-awareness on how much alcohol to drink and often ended up way too drunk and throwing up or having a huge hangover the next morning, but because I was enjoying the social experience of it so much I continued going out to parties throughout the entire freshman year.
I attended all my classes and got A’s and B’s in all of them, but also felt a huge amount of pressure to get straight A’s because I wanted to get into that school and that was the entire point and purpose of me being in college in the first place. I was taking five classes all of which were pretty difficult.
Falling in Love
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” — Dr. Suess
Even though I was having a great time socially I never made any deep connections with friends and that was something that still bothered me. My cannabis use became a lot more frequent and I continuEd to get high on an almost daily basis.
My parents never gave me any money for allowances unlike some of my other classmates, so I started looking for part-time work and found that I could make good money doing freelance writing and getting jobs through craigslist. I started making between $15 and $20 per hour, and I started to fall in love with writing in a way that I never imagined when I was in high school.
During the summer after my freshman year, I stayed for a month at the school and did a research program where I was a research assistant in the science lab and got to learn more about chemistry which I had anticipated being my major. After that month I went back home to Seattle Washington and started to make some new friends around my cannabis habit and going in to visit Seattle smoke shops which were filled with a beautiful glass art pieces and smoking accessories.
A week before I had to go back to Los Angeles for college, I walked into a Seattle smoke shop and felt an immediate connection with the person behind the counter. His name was Ben. I came back every day for the next four days to try and catch him again at work but each of the times he wasn’t there. On the fourth time his manager who also happens to be his roommate noticed that I was asking for Ben and maybe had a crush on him, so he invited me over to their house the next night for a small house party.
I showed up to the house party, the night before my plane was going to leave back to Occidental College, and ended up spending the entire night talking with Ben before realizing I had to quickly leave and go catch my flight that was at 5 AM.
When I got back to college, Ben and I started texting and calling each other every day. I still went to my classes but really lost interest now that I had a new found interest both in Ben and also my freelance writing.
Dropping Out of College
“Nobody … develop[s] their unique and compelling approaches to disruptive innovation and leadership by reading a textbook but by living through the thrill, dread, and sleepless nights that come with being an entrepreneur.” – Richard Branson
I also became a 1099 employee for a man named Jamie Lewis who at the time was one of the biggest Internet marketers and affiliate marketers online. This is when I really moved specifically into copywriting, creating landing pages, doing keyword research, writing email blasts and learning to close sales through email for digital products all for Jamie.
I started making between $800 and $1000 per week which was more money than I had ever thought of making in my life. Because I have no financial education I didn’t know to save any of it for taxes and didn’t think about my student loans I would have to repay when I was finished with school. I honestly was just so happy and excited about my life because I LOVED writing and had a new love in my life. I started flying Ben out to Los Angeles every single weekend and we would spend the weekends going on all sorts of crazy adventures.
I would rent a car, we would go to Knottsberry farm, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Santa Monica beach, and we would do all sorts of drugs from cannabis to ecstasy to mushrooms and acid. To be honest, it was an incredible experience that I still have so many good memories from.
But at the same time I started realizing how much I hated school and going to classes. I became depressed about my future because I had my identity all tied up in my academics and had wanted to be a veterinarian basically my entire life and it was becoming clear that that was not the reality that I was going to manifest.
This all came to ahead a week before I had to take my finals after my third semester. I had a mental breakdown and couldn’t stop crying from the choices I knew I had to make. The thought of dropping out TERRIFIED me! But I felt like I had no other option, I was just so miserable staying in school and I had finally realized that it would be a huge financial burden to repay once I stopped going.
After three days of intense emotions came to the decision that I wanted to drop out of college, and I flew back to Seattle and moved in with Ben. At this point we were fully and entirely in love. We felt like we were soul mates and had an inseparable bond. However for both of us, this was our first serious relationship we’d ever had.
Freelance Copy Writing
“A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.” ~ Richard Bach
We lived in a house with three other people, renting a very small room. Ben would go to work at the smoke shop I met him at, and I would stay home all day doing copywriting work on my computer. After Ben finished work he would go to MMA training and I didn’t get to see him until usually later at night.
Even though we were quite in love, there was a lot of strain on the relationship simply because we didn’t get to spend much time together. Soon afterwards got our first dog together, Hershey. Soon after that I had made and saved enough money for us to get our own rental house.
We moved into that house and enjoyed a period of bliss. We rarely wore clothes, smoked cannabis all day, and Ben was able to quit his job at the smoke shop to spend more time with me because I was making enough money to cover our bills by myself.
This went on for a number of months before the work I was doing for Jamie as a copywriter shifted into mostly sales. I really didn’t enjoy sales because I didn’t fully understand or believe in the product I was selling. Even though I had a much more developed idea on how affiliate marketing, and online marketing in general worked I often felt lost.
I have been switched to a commission basis pay structure instead of the normal hourly that I’ve been on for the past six months to a year. And as sales slowed, so did my income.
Surviving a Gas Explosion
“Temper us in fire, and we grow stronger. When we suffer, we survive.”
― Cassandra Clare, City of Heavenly Fire
Then one day Ben and I were cooking naked by our stove and the LOUDEST bang and concussive force happened without any warning. We had just experienced and been at the epicenter of a GAS EXPLOSION.
I couldn’t see and immediately ran to the bathroom to see if I was OK. I was worried something was wrong with my eyes, But I was able to take out my contacts and see that it was just the lenses that had been burned (I believe they saved my eyes).
My legs hurt and I realize they were burned, and I felt in the more a state of panic than I ever had in my life. I stuck my head out of the bathroom to see if Ben was OK and he was screaming and shaking down the hallway. It was one of the most horrifying sights I’ve ever seen in my life and my brain quickly started asking me if we were about to die.
I knew this could be a life or death situation so I immediately called 911 and told them that we had been in an explosion and needed help right away. We both got in the shower to try and cool down the burns.
The pain was INTENSE but the panic and fear was even worse. Neither of us knew if we would survive or be ok. The fire department arrived first and they came into the house and quickly gave us morphine which helped immensely with the pain and the panic. We told them what happened and when the ambulance came it immediately rushed Ben to the hospital because his burns were much worse and over more of his body than mine.
The next ambulance came and took me to the hospital as well. I was put in a different area of Harborview medical hospital because Ben had to be taken to the Intensive Care Unit. I was scared and ashamed because the explosion felt like it was my fault. The gas that caused the explosion had been a buildup of butane, which we had been using to extract THC outside of our house (but with the door open) when we had been making cannabis concentrate.
I was discharged from the hospital or the next day, but came back for the next 10 days has been recovered in the ICU. When he was finally able to come back to the house we were in a state of financial ruin. We hadn’t had renter’s insurance, so we had damages we had to pay on the house, medical bills, and during that time I lost all of my freelance work.
The Time I Was ALMOST Arrested For A Felony
“Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” –Dale Carnegie

We knew that we couldn’t continue to afford living in that rental house so we borrowed money from Ben’s dad and bought a 1978 Dodge coachman 19 foot Class C RV. We knew that we couldn’t live out of the RV in Seattle because of the parking laws. You’re legally not allowed to park in RV almost anywhere, and even the first night we had the RV parked in front of our own rental house the neighbors called the cops who came and told us we had to move it right away.
So we packed up everything we owned as quickly as we could into the RV and with the little money we had left started driving down to California. I knew that we could legally park down in Eagle rock neighborhood next to Occidental College where I had just previously dropped out of.
I started driving down interstate five but quickly realized that instead of us getting 8 to 10 miles per gallon like the owner of the RV told us, that we were only getting 4-5 miles per gallon and we were going to run out of gas. Not only that but almost nothing worked in the RV. It had no running water capabilities, the electricity didn’t work, and even the fuel gauge didn’t work, so we manually had to keep track of how much gas we have left.
I had the idea for us to go down to Las Vegas where I knew they were a bunch of pawnshops for us to sell a bunch of things that we had in our RV So that we would have more money for gas to make it all the way down to Los Angeles. We made it into Nevada before realizing that the next gas station was going to be more than 100 miles away so we had to pull into a tiny town named Ely so that I could try and make some more money through copywriting gigs to get us to the next gas station.
We found a big empty lot that we thought would be a good place to park for the night because we didn’t think we’d be bothering anyone. We took out a tiny charcoal grill and started making a little dinner, and not 30 minutes later a police cruiser pulled up right next to us. The cop got out and told us that we were parked on private property and asked to see our IDs.
When he came back from checking our IDs he said that mine was not pulling up in the system at all (some type of error) and that Ben’s had a prior marijuana charge on it, so he asked us if we had any marijuana with us in the RV. We lied and told him no vehemently even though he asked several times.
He must not have believed us, because he said that he was going to bring the drug dog to sniff out the RV regardless of what we said because they would get a lot of RVs passing through that look just like ours carrying drugs. So he asked us one more time and we came clean and said that yes we had less than an eighth of an ounce plus some pipes that we brought down with us. He told us to go into the RV and bring out everything that we had that was connected to marijuana because if he found himself we were going to be in a lot more trouble.
So we went into the RV and tried to find every little piece of marijuana and paraphernalia that we could which was not an easy task because we had literally our entire life’s possessions jammed into this tiny 19 foot RV in every nook and cranny. It honestly was a mess inside the RV. When we finished pulling out everything we could remember, another cop had showed up with the police dog and the two cops together along with the dog began searching through the RV to make sure we weren’t hiding anything large.
This process took 3 to 4 hours, again because we had so much crap literally shoved into the RV cabinets. Closer to the end I had a sudden realization and huge sinking feeling in my stomach. I’ve been so focused on the marijuana in the pipes I had completely forgotten about the medicated cake pops we had in our fridge!
Before we had left Seattle about 2 to 4 weeks prior I have done a barter deal with a legally medical bakery, that made marijuana infused edibles including cake pops. If you’ve never tried a cake pop they are incredibly delicious. I traded a custom built website for 100 cake pops that we had planned to simply enjoying it all ourselves. After the explosion we still had almost all of the cake pops left and packed them into our RV and had planned to eat them on the way down because we really didn’t have much food or money.
. we had about 60 of them left and they were all individually wrapped inside the fridge. I ran inside the RV to tell them right as they were opening the refrigerator door. They started questioning us and asked who’s these were and I immediately said they were mine and that I got them in a trade for a website I had built. They had a hard time believing me and told me that this was a big deal and a felony, and that I would likely be taken to jail
even though it was definitely a crime in their eyes, we didn’t match the description of any other drug dealers they had come across, I was a sweet 20-year-old girl so they called the district attorney to ask what they should do. They couldn’t get a hold of the DA so they called the assistant DA who said that it was in their hands and they could either book us both in jail or let us go with big fat tickets.
They still were uncertain what to do until a truck happen to be rolling through and it was the DA himself who saw the commotion going on with the cop cars and pulled in to check on it. He was incredibly kind and told the cops that he didn’t really want us hanging around in their town have a good Christians, and to send us on our way with $1200 tickets each. To be honest we got super lucky.
As much as we wanted to leave and get out of there immediately, we had to tell the cops that the entire reason we parked there was we simply didn’t have enough gas to get out of town. So we convinced them to follow us to the gas station and they used $50 of their own money to fill up our gas tank simply so we could leave. By the time the entire ordeal had happened it had taken more than 10 hours and was the middle of the night. We had narrowly escaped another disaster.
Homeless in LA
“The Key to overcoming the challenges in life is to make up your mind to overcome the Challenge”
― Carlton Young
After that things went down without much of a hitch, we made it into Las Vegas and were able to plan a bunch of items in our RV to get enough gas money to make it down to Los Angeles where we parked literally next to the school, close enough to get Wi-Fi from my laptop. It was really peaceful in that neighborhood and we felt safe.
We were homeless down in Eagle Rock for 4-6 months, it’s hard for me to remember the exact time frame because all the days seem to blend together. At the time we had two dogs, a Shep who was the guide dog puppy I raised in high school that ended up flunking out due to a very minor issue, and we had kept as a pet, and our dog Hershey that Ben and I had gotten together when I first moved in with him.
In the beginning we had very little money for food and would walk 2 miles to a grocery store called Super A foods so that we could each buy their hotdog plus a soda deal for $1.10. I remember that hotdog being the most delicious thing, but years later we went back and realized it was almost inedible. Starvation will really change your taste buds. We had to save most of our money that I would make on random freelance writing jobs for dog food.
Every single day we started going into the schools library, because I still had access through my student library card. It was like a haven because it was a gorgeous library and down in the basement they had soundproof media rooms, we would go in there with my laptop and spend hours and hours trying to come up with ideas for how we could make money.
Starting Up My First Business
“There is no finish line. There are only mile markers.”
-Michael Ventura
Through this process we had the idea to start a company and create a product called Diffuser Beads. We found a local supplier of airsoft BBs that we could buy in giant 250,000 bead bags. We also found a company locally that specialize in making jars and bottles. We went to each of the facilities and were able to afford 1 bag of beads and 36 jars with lids to start. We also bought some address labels from Office Depot to use as the labeling on our jars.
This Diffuser Beads was born. Because I knew how to build websites, I put together a website for the product, and started up an Instagram page for it. We printed out the words “Diffuser Beads” in plain black lettering on the address labels using the schools printers. I also made some sales flyers/promotional sheets so that we could leave them with any smoke shops that didn’t want to purchase right away but still might be interested later. Also because this was a new product we are invented for the market, we knew that we had to have a little bit of information to tell people what it was and how it worked. We filled the jars with bbs in the RV and we had our finished product.
We loaded the jars into a free flat rate box we got from the post office, which also was within walking distance from our RV, and we mapped out all of the smoke shops that existed within a 10 mile radius from our parking spot. We carried the box and started walking to every smokeshop on the list asking them if they wanted to try out and buy our diffuser beads. The fourth or fifth shop that we visited was interested and bought all 36 jars at five dollars each.
This was the most amount of money we had had in over two months, and it was a huge win for us! Our product was validated and we had a real business now (even if we couldn’t afford a business license yet).
After that we worked really hard every single day trying to make more sales. I posted product Pictures to our Instagram page every single day and Ben and I both spent hours and hours cold calling shops and sending out cold emails to any smoke shop we could find online who had their contact info listed.
We started making sales on a pretty regular basis. I remember the first time we got a large order from a distributor that was for 1000 jars of diffuser beads. A lot of the money went to product cost and there wasn’t a ton of profit left, but it was enough to give us a ton of help and made me think of going even bigger.
Losing Everything AGAIN!!!
“It’s only after we’ve lost everything that we’re free to do anything.”
― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club
I saw a trade show/event being advertised online that looked amazing. I’d never been to a tradeshow before so all I had were the ideas and imagination in my head to rely on, but I was incredibly optimistic based on our current sales in the way that they advertised the show. I made the decision that we should sell our RV that we were living in so that we could pay for the trade show booth. We sold the RV for $1000 and I had another $1000 saved from our wholesale orders.
We paid the $2000 for the trade show booth and use the rest to make as many jars of diffuser beads we could to have for sale during the show. But the show was a disaster almost everything that we saw advertised online was a lie and they did almost no marketing to dry people into the show. They also gave us a horrible booth placement in the very back of the show so by the time people got to our booth that already spent all their money. More than 50% of the show room/tradeshow floor was completely empty.
We made only $500 at the show and were devastated. We no longer even had an RV to live in. We found a super cheap, cash motel that was $50 per night and we snuck our dogs into the room and stayed there for a week before we realized we were going to run out of money and simply didn’t have a plan. I made one or two smaller sales that allowed us to get a rental car for a day and we “borrowed” it and drove all the way back up to Seattle.
Then called his dad, told him the situation and asked for advice/help. Luckily his dad was in the process of buying a new house because he had just gotten remarried and they were not going to sell the old house, instead they planned to rent it out. He was willing to give us a huge family discount and allow us to move into that house.
Getting Back On Track
“Let me tell you the secret that has led to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity.” — Louis Pasteur
However, we didn’t have anywhere to stay when we got back up to Seattle so his dad told us we could sleep in the garage of the house they were about to move out of. His new wife was not happy at the idea when he brought it up so he asked us to make sure that she didn’t see us and we were not allowed in the house even to use the bathroom.
For two months we lived and slept in that very cold garage with our dogs. In the morning and at night we would go into the yard to pee, making sure no one saw us. During the day we would walk to a Starbucks that was close by and spent all day working, trying to sell more diffuser beads.
When we moved into the house, things got a lot better. Our life became much more comfortable, and we were even more motivated to make sales. We were making enough money to pay for rent, food for us and our dogs, and things started to feel normal again.
Every single day we spent hours and hours filling jars of beads, working online trying to make sales, called calling smoke shops and it became a very boring routine for us compared to the more adventurous life we have been living when we were homeless. We missed travel and adventure. We started planning our next trip. In our heads we thought, it wasn’t living in the vehicle that was unpleasant, it was having no money and not being able to afford food to eat.
Barter Days
“Anything that just costs money is cheap.”
― John Steinbeck
I found a roommate to move into the upper portion of the rental house so that our rent was even less and started to save up some money. We were at that rental house for more than a year, and during that time I started doing an immense amount of bartering through craigslist. I was REALLY good at it. I would trade graphic design, logos, and websites for physical items.
There were so many trades, I could not describe them all but here’s an example of one that paid off really well for us. I design the website in trade for a minibike from one person, and made a website for a pontoon boat from another. We traded both the minibike and the pontoon boat for a 6 carat diamond bracelet. We traded the diamond bracelet for a jeep wrangler. We traded the Jeep Wrangler for a souped up racing ATV plus a Chevy blazer. We sold the ATV for $3,000 and traded the Chevy for another much older Jeep. We traded the Jeep for a Pontiac grand am. We traded the Pontiac for a lifted Chevy Truck.
We loved that Chevy truck, and it was a huge trade up from what we started with. We saved up and bought a rooftop tent and with that set up we decided to go on another adventure. We build a storage system for the back of the truck for all of our diffuser beads and work and drove off to a bunch of different state parks all over Washington state and Oregon.

Homeless AGAIN but on an Adventure!
“Because in the end, you won’t remember the times you spent in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
We had an amazing time, it was summer and everything was beautiful. We would spend half of the day working on our business and making sales, and the other half of the day going on hikes with our dogs. Things were pretty much going according to plan and living out of the rooftop tent was something we actually really enjoyed.
We continued with our adventures, going into eastern Washington and hanging out in places like Moses Lake and Walla Walla. The truck got terrible mileage which we had it planned for and we realized it wasn’t available for us to do a lot of driving around so we mostly hung out in those two places. At this point we started running out of money again as our sales for diffuser beads really slow down. We only got Wi-Fi when we were inside a McDonald’s or Starbucks which made it really hard to make sales.
We got to the point where gas was eating up all of our money because there were only select places we could park legally without the cops coming to bother us. At one point we didn’t have any money for food so we found some ponds that were seeded with fish and fished for our dinners.
Then it started to rain. We realized very quickly that we hadn’t planned for rain being such a big issue. Even though the rooftop tent came with a tarp it was not sufficient enough to keep it from getting wet just due to poor design. And being in the Pacific Northwest it wouldn’t just rain for a couple hours, it was starting to rain for days on end. We decided to sell the truck.
First we sold the rooftop tent then the truck itself and we actually got $5000 for the Chevy. We went back to the rental house and asked our old roommate if we could stay there while we found a new vehicle. We immediately found a really cool old conversion van where the bench seat folded out into a bed.
Getting Married
“To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow–this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.”– Elizabeth Gilbert
The van had only cost us $3500 so we had some extra money and at this point Ben I had been talking about getting married. We’d been together 4 or 5 years now and we’re deeply committed and in love with each other, even through any amount of stress or struggle. Even though we couldn’t afford a big wedding, we still wanted something special and meaningful to us so we decided to go back down to Las Vegas and get married in a private ceremony at the Red Rock State Park.
We didn’t invite either of our families because neither of them approved of our life choices and we wanted it to be a joyous occasion we didn’t want any amount of blame or shame involved. So we drove all the way back down to Las Vegas and got married. After the costs of gas and paying for the ceremony we realized we didn’t have enough money to get back up to Seattle.
At this point in time I reached out to my mom and told her that we were ready to start building a more sustainable life and wanted to figure things out. She sent me enough gas money to get back up to Seattle and we moved into the basement of my mom and dad’s house. At first they would let me in the house I said Ben was not allowed inside. For the first two weeks he slept and stayed in the camper van while I was in the house. After those two weeks I decided that if they wanted me to stay with them, they would just simply have to deal with Ben as well since we were married. We hadn’t told them that we got married yet though. I knew it would upset them.
A few months later, Ben was driving the conversion van and the entire muffler and exhaust Fell off while he was driving, but because it was still being held on by the bracket and trapped underneath other parts of the vehicle we couldn’t take it off, and had to secure it with a bunch of wires. We quickly sold it at a pretty large loss but it was good for us to recoup some of the money and put more towards savings and paying off some of our debts. For the next year we had no vehicle and worked every day to save up money to start a new life.
Graphx Creations
“There are three responses to a piece of design – yes, no, and WOW! Wow is the one to aim for.” – Milton Glaser
At this point we had gotten really burnt out on the diffuser beads and we’re not passionate about the project. I made a hard pivot and decided to use my graphic design skills to start at the new business called Graphx Creations. It started out with just logo and graphic design but I quickly learned there was a need for people to order stickers so we started printing own stickers.
I negotiated a huge discount through Office Depot to pay a quarter of the retail printing prices and we bought sticker paper in bulk and did all the sticker printing at Office Depot. We would then take the full pages back to our house and cut them by hand with a paper cutter. I actually remember that we started out with using scissors before we found out our hands would cramp up super bad after just a couple hundred cuts so we switched to a $40 at home paper cutter.
There was actually a lot of demand for logo design and sticker printing through craigslist and we had a steady stream of work. I started posting the work on my Instagram and generated even more interest. One day at Glassblower hit us up for an order of stickers that they wanted for a trade show they were going to and after they went to the trade show a lot more glass artists started to hit us up for sticker orders. It also helped to generate interest ones other Glassblower‘s size posting stickers we had made for Glassblower‘s on our Instagram. Word-of-mouth spreads quickly but a lot of Glassblower‘s didn’t have enough money to pay the $200 for an order of stickers.
So I started to do more bartering! I would trade $400 worth of glass for $200 worth of stickers and then I would post the glass pieces to my Instagram page and sell them very quickly for between $200 and $300. We learned from the glass artists that there was also a demand for T-shirts so we bought a vinyl cutter and a heat press and started making T-shirts for people as well.

How I Got Into Glassblowing
“To be an artist is to believe in life.” – Henry Moorei

Business was going pretty well, but the margins were pretty slim on the products we were selling, and they honestly took a lot of time for us to make. Neither Ben nor myself enjoyed cutting stickers or making the T-shirts it was really just the design aspect that was enjoyable. After a while we were honestly selling more glass through our Instagram page then we were stickers or T-shirts. An idea popped up and stuck in my brain that I should try out glassblowing because then I could make the glass pieces myself and generate more sales.
To be honest I was still pretty terrified of doing anything involving fire because of our gas explosion, but I knew this was a fear I had to overcome. I’d been friends with an artist named drags glass for more than five years even before I knew any other Glassblowers. So I traded him some custom stickers for a one on one lesson and it was the first time I blew glass.
I fell in love with it right away and could see myself doing it for the rest of my life or at least a very long time without burning out the way I had on my other two businesses. There was much more creativity and challenge involved to things that I really loved and had felt we’re missing in my life.
I knew that my parents would never allow me to blow glass or said anything up in their house, And we also didn’t see ourselves building a life in Seattle. The housing market had exploded and housing prices were now up in the $400,000 to $500,000 range for even the most basic houses. Honestly, everything in Seattle had gotten really expensive, from food costs to gas prices.
Starting a Glassblowing Business
“To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart.” —Thomas Watson
We decided that we needed to sit out on another adventure to find the city where we wanted to grow our family and raise kids. I applied for and was able to get my first ever Audubon and we got a 2007 truck. We also saved up enough money for a 5 x 8 cargo box trailer . so that we could travel around and still have our sticker and T-shirt equipment with us and operate our business. We bought a comfy couch that converted into a bed and put it inside the trailer so that we had somewhere affordable to stay while we figured out where we wanted to settle down.
It only took us a month of traveling before we ended up in Spokane and fell in love with the city. It had the small town vibe that we had loved growing up in Seattle before it became a major metropolis. The people were so friendly in the energy in the city was phenomenal. Not only that but housing prices were so affordable, with many houses costing only $100,000. . The food and gas prices were almost half of that what we were paying in Seattle. We could see ourselves having kids and raising them in the city so we quickly asked around and one of our friends worked for a landlord who had a house available for rent that hadn’t actually hit the market yet
We moved into our first rental house in Spokane, paying only $800 per month for the entire house which came with a fenced in yard and a garage, perfect for our four dogs. I immediately bought all of the equipment I needed to start my own glassblowing studio and started practicing every single day for 10 hours or more. I was able to get a bunch of scrap material from another local artist so that my initial costs for the products starting out were very low.
I knew that if I posted my initial pieces on Instagram and people could see my progress visually throughout the years that it would help validate any higher pricing that I started asking for in the later years of my glassblowing work. What I didn’t expect was for people to want to purchase my glass work right away. But that’s exactly what happened. I realize there was a huge demand for less expensive pieces and that other more experienced artists were not interested to make smaller and cheaper items.
I had an idea to start something called $0 auctions on my Instagram page. People went crazy for these, they had never seen glasswork available for sale starting out at zero dollars. Every single piece I made it started to sell, from anywhere as low as $3 up to $35 warmer for a single piece.
Growing the Glassblowing Business
“Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.”
— James Cash Penney, founder, JC Penney
Fueled by success and growth potential, I worked hard every single day of the week, blowing glass, posting the pieces on Instagram, sending people direct messages and invoices, and packing and shipping the glass out to the customers. We made our own stickers which people also got really excited about an added to the level of value of their purchasing experience with us.
For 3 years straight i worked every single day – more than 14 hours each day. Sometimes the profit margin’s on the pieces were pretty low but because we were doing enough volume we were making good money. In the first year we made over $100,000, and the second year we made more than $200,000 and then the third year we made more than $300,000 in sales.
I reinvested most of the profits back into the business to get better equipment, and also things that we needed for our house since we came from owning absolutely nothing. Furniture, kitchen items, and living expenses were definitely not cheap. We also were able to catch up on all of our debts including $15,000 in IRS penalties from the first year we started business when we didn’t know anything about filing our taxes properly.
In addition to that we saved up $15,000 to buy our first house together. I started doing some research into the housing market and started learning a lot about real estate investment and fell in love with the concept of owning a multi family unit. We started the mortgage lending process and looking at duplexes, triplexes and quadplexes.
It took four months before all of the paperwork was approved and a month or two after that we found in ideal duplex in one of the nicest neighborhoods in Spokane up on South Hill. We made an offer on the house that was $10,000 above listing and beat out five other potential buyers who were also trying to get the house.
Financial Mistakes and More Debt
“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”
― Albert Einstein
3-4 months before we started even looking for a house, I have been focused on how we could expand the Glassblowing business. b I had tried ordering wholesale from other artists but the relationships had always gone south whenever they realized we were making a decent amount of money off of reselling their work. Their egos simply couldn’t get over the fact that they were doing all the work as perceived by them and yet we were making money off of it because of superior marketing and customer service.
Hiring other Glassblowers was difficult because it required them to have their own studio as the one at our house didn’t have enough space. And if they had their own home studio there was really no incentive for them to come work for us. So I decided we should find a shop that was bigger so that we could hire Glassblowers to work for us in-house.
I didn’t grow up with a strong financial education so I didn’t know how to predict what my expenses would be or do any type of forecasting that would help me make this decision. We were getting by just fine in the bigger shop until I Instagram changed up his algorithm and we saw a huge loss of organic growth. Very suddenly over the course of six months we lost half of our yearly income and we started to go into debt.
I have one full-time employee that for some reason I could not bring myself to fire even though Ben and I were working 16 to 18 hour days to take him zero pay just to pay this employee. We took out a $30k line of credit and maxed out our credit cards. Eventually we were able to fire the employee and find someone to take over the lease for the commercial space and we moved everything into our duplex.
We lived out of the top unit of the duplex and blew glass every day in the garage. We slowly started paying off our credit cards and line of credit we had taken out. But money was still really tight with every extra penny going to pay off debts and it was a really stressful time.
I started really thinking about what I wanted to do for the rest of my life because I wasn’t very happy with how my life was going at that point. I hated spending every single day stressed out and thinking about money. I realize that I love glassblowing because of the value and provided other people and had many customers come back and tell me how powerful those pieces had been in bringing positivity into their life.
How I Grew on TikTok
“Nobody is an overnight success. Most overnight successes you see have been working at it for ten years.”
— David Heinemeier Hansson
I decided that I would no longer focus on money and instead made a very hard switch mentally to focusing on creating value. I started trying out different platforms including TikTok and LinkedIn and both took off right away for me.
When I first downloaded TikTok it was confusing and I wasn’t sure exactly how the app worked. I figured out how I could create and post a video and started posting videos of soft-glass because I could see that the full vertical screen function made everything much more visual.
I had moderate success in the first week, growing to several thousand followers, and then 2 weeks in I got my first viral video which received more that 1 million views in the first 24 hours. This BLEW MY MIND because in 7 years of using Instagram I had never gotten anywhere close to 1,000,000 views on a video. I started gaining followers like crazy.
From that first video I started to look at and see TikTok as a social science lab. I would generate a hypothesis before every video on why that video might go viral and then would analyze the results afterwards, learning more and more with every post. This led me to grow very rapidly and have huge success on the platform.
In Tiktok in October 2019 I gained more than 600,000 followers. By June 2020 I had 2 million followers. I started to monetize pretty quickly through paid music promotions on my posts. Having extra income from TikTok took some of the pressure off of my glassblowing business.
In March 2020, I realized there was a huge demand for the knowledge and insights I had gained through the process of growing my TikTok account and I started to offer consulting services to other creators, brands, and businesses who wanted to better understand the platform and how to best tap into its potential. This created yet another revenue stream that let me refocus on what I wanted to do with my glassblowing business.
Building A Brand on LinkedIn
Your personal brand serves as your best protection against business factors you can’t control.
– Dan Schawbel
A month after finding success on TikTok I decided to try out LinkedIn. On LinkedIn I started sharing my story, experiences and insights and found that I could bring so much value to other entrepreneurs, business owners or anyone with ambition who felt like they were fighting against the odds. I started forming deep and powerful relationships based on always giving value first.
I started up my own consulting agency called in March 2020 as the demand and rise for help on Tiktok and other platforms grew dramatically due to coronavirus. I discovered I had a unique talent for helping businesses understand how to form better and deeper connections with the people they interacted with online.
Through LinkedIn I was also being contacted by podcast hosts to speak on their shows as a TikTok Expert. People were intrigued by my story and journey from homeless to successful entrepreneur and I began sharing my story to people all over the world through this new medium. This helped me build my brand even further and I began building some amazing relationships with people who could teach me so much and bring an immense level of value into my life. Today I continue speaking on podcast, presenting at online events, and sharing my knowledge and wisdom with as many people as I can. Bringing free value to people who can truly benefit from it has brought me a new level of fulfilment and happiness I had previously been lacking.

For Full Information, You Can Visit!

Maybach Fans Shop And Land Yacht Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet

Maybach Fans Shop And Land Yacht
Upgrade your Mercedes steering wheel now with real Carbon/ Aluminium Fiber Shift Paddles with 35% OFF!
100% Carbon Fiber/ Aluminum , no damage to stock Shift Paddles and 24 months warranty
Order here
MB Maybach Fans

Maybach Fans Aluminium Paddle Shifter Extension for AMG
Sale price€89,95

MB Maybach Fans

Maybach Fans Carbon Fiber Paddle Shifter Extension for AMG
Sale price€159,95

MB Maybach Fans

Maybach Fans Aluminium Paddle Shifter Extension for AMG Line
Sale price€69,95

MB Maybach Fans

Maybach Fans Aluminium Paddle Shifter Extension for AMG Line
Sale price€69,95

MB Maybach Fans

Maybach Fans GT ‘Panamericana’ Grill for Mercedes Benz
PriceOn sale from €199,95

Land yacht: Vision Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet

For Full Information, You Can Visit!


About – Unlock The Full Potential Of Artificial Intelligence

Bernard Marr
Internationally best-selling author, keynote speaker, futurist, and strategic business & technology advisor
The past year has been a learning experience for all of us, and collectively we’ve managed incredible things. Out of necessity, organizations have massively increased their speed of digitization and uptake of game-changing technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and cloud computing.
As 2020 draws to a close, it isn’t uncommon to hear it said that businesses had made several years’ worth of progress in their journey of digital transformation in just the last 12 months. Clearly, there’s nothing like danger for focusing the mind and encouraging human beings to come up with innovative solutions.
This increased uptake is leading to a lot of successes – particularly at the pilot stage. But inevitably, when it comes to deploying them at a mass scale in the real world, not all of them get the chance to make a real mark.
Projects fail to make it past pilot when it becomes difficult to demonstrate their real-world value, or fizzle out when our enthusiasm is directed towards something different. One key thing I have learned is that the maturity of understanding within organizations, when it comes to hugely disruptive technologies like AI and cloud computing, is still catching up with the appetite and enthusiasm. It’s simple enough to set up a pilot, but scaling to a fully deployed application is a different story.
So, once you know that AI has the potential to solve a problem for you, how do you go about making sure your projects or applications don’t languish in the pits of pilot hell? You may be able to use AI to prove a concept, but without that organization-wide maturity, it may be difficult to scale and deploy operationally in a way that will ensure it really makes a difference.
Clues can always be found by looking at instances where it was done successfully. At University College, Dublin, researchers working with IBM, combined digital surgery with artificial intelligence, in real-time surgical operations. This has led to the creation of what can be thought of as a “digital biopsy” tool that can be used to identify cancerous tissue from camera images taken inside the human bowel. One of the challenges here was that although traditional image classification algorithms are now very proficient when it comes to identifying clearly distinct shapes, for example, cats depicted in digital images, but more nebulous shapes – such as cancerous tissue clusters amidst our innards – have generally proven more elusive.
Advances pioneered by this team mean that they have been able to create algorithms that have a better than ever before chance of spotting and correctly diagnosing these tumors. And now they’ve proven successful at identifying cancerous bowel tissue; the technology is ready to be scaled out and put to work helping surgeons in the real world.
The next step for this project will be to train it to work on 3D models rather than simply flat video images. This will help us understand more about the way tumors act as they move through the body, and lead to better rates of detection and ultimately, patient recovery.
Another potentially hugely transformational AI use case is seen in the Mayflower autonomous ship project. This crewless, self-piloting research vessel was launched from Plymouth, England this year to mark the 400th anniversary of the original Mayflower voyage. However, rather than simply being a commemoration of the past, the launch of the ship marks a step into the future, with scientific research considered to be one area where autonomous, AI-piloted vehicles could be hugely beneficial.
Much of the space of traditional vessels is taken up by amenities necessary for the comfort (and sometimes survival) of human crews. Removing cabins, washrooms, food preparation and storage areas and lifeboats means autonomous research vessels can be far smaller and lighter than they would need to be if humans were on board. The need to support and provision humans also makes scientific research voyages very expensive. Removing these considerations will lead to more cost-efficient scientific exploration and discovery. Currently, the ship is tooled to take part in studies involving the monitoring of microplastic pollution, sea water quality and marine mammal populations. But it can quickly and easily be repurposed to any kind of oceanographic research, meaning it could potentially revolutionize the field.
Both of these projects have the distinction of making it beyond the pilot stage and to the point where they can be used to make a real impact. And this is really due to several other characteristics that they both share.
Both projects were conceptualized to help with a real challenge that can only be solved by more intelligent analysis and understanding of data – whether it’s medical imagery from internal camera examinations, or video from shipboard cameras used to plot a safe passage for the autonomous vessel. Neither was a case of deploying AI simply for the sake of being able to say “look how clever we are, we’re using AI!” Rather, AI offered the only viable solution to a real operational problem, so was deployed out of necessity.
Another factor these projects had in common was buy-in from the people whose jobs will be transformed by the arrival of this technology. Surgeons understand the need for a tool that can assist them with carrying out the critical job of reviewing medical imagery during operational procedures, where they may already be using every ounce of concentration to ensure the best patient outcome. And although many marine biologists love the ocean and love being at sea, they understand the efficiency benefits that will come with the ability to deploy robotic research vessels, such as surveys that can cover far greater areas in far less time than is possible using manned voyages.
Trust is an essential element of securing this buy-in – it’s one thing to be able to prove that your project can drive real-world impact if deployed at scale, but it’s also essential that you can show it will do so in an ethical and reliable way. For this reason, putting measures in place to mitigate against bias is critical, as is transparency over how your data is collected and processed.
I believe it’s been firmly proven that no matter what your job is, in any industry, AI has the capacity to revolutionize the way you work and the way your organization does business. As use cases pile up, however, it’s becoming clear that it takes more than a good idea and cutting-edge technology to realize the full effects of transformation. It’s no longer the technology that’s holding us back – the practical barriers that need to be overcome between pilot projects and game-changing real-world deployment are largely organizational or human-shaped. But by paying attention to those who have succeeded, and putting plans for overcoming those barriers at the heart of your strategy, you’ll give yourself the best shot possible at making a real difference.
If you would like to learn more about any of the examples or topics mentioned here, then join me at IBM’s Cloud and AI Forum – Unlock the full potential of Cloud and AI. You can join us live on Nov 26th or, once registered, can watch any of the sessions in your own time.
Thank you for reading my post. Here at LinkedIn and at Forbes I regularly write about management and technology trends. I have also written a new book about AI, click here for more information. To read my future posts simply join my network here or click ‘Follow’. Also feel free to connect with me via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Slideshare or YouTube.
About Bernard Marr
Bernard Marr is an internationally best-selling author, popular keynote speaker, futurist, and a strategic business & technology advisor to governments and companies. He helps organisations improve their business performance, use data more intelligently, and understand the implications of new technologies such as artificial intelligence, big data, blockchains, and the Internet of Things.
LinkedIn has ranked Bernard as one of the world’s top 5 business influencers. He is a frequent contributor to the World Economic Forum and writes a regular column for Forbes. Every day Bernard actively engages his 1.5 million social media followers and shares content that reaches millions of readers.
Bernard Marr
Internationally best-selling author, keynote speaker, futurist, and strategic business & technology advisor
Unlock The Full Potential Of Artificial Intelligence The past year has been a #learning experience for all of us, and collectively we’ve managed incredible things. Out of necessity, organizations have massively increased their speed of #digitization and uptake of game-changing technologies such as #artificial #intelligence (#AI) and #cloud #computing.

For Full Information, You Can Visit!

Fish farming’s future, and how microbes compete for space on our face – Science

Science Podcast

These days, about half of the protein the world’s population eats is from seafood. Staff Writer Erik Stokstad joins host Sarah Crespi to talk about how brand-new biotech and old-fashioned breeding programs are helping keep up with demand, by expanding where we can farm fish and how fast we can grow them.
Sarah also spoke with Jan Claesen, an assistant professor at the Cleveland Clinic’s Lerner Research Institute, about skin microbes that use their own antibiotic to fight off harmful bacteria. Understanding the microbes native to our skin and the molecules they produce could lead to treatments for skin disorders such as atopic dermatitis and acne.
Finally, in a segment sponsored by MilliporeSigma, Science’s Custom Publishing Director and Senior Editor Sean Sanders talks with Timothy Cernak, an assistant professor of medicinal chemistry and chemistry at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, about retrosynthesis—the process of starting with a known chemical final product and figuring out how to make that molecule efficiently from available pieces.
This week’s episode was produced with help from Podigy.

For Full Information, You Can Visit!


Stefano Boeri Architetti Is Changing The Urban Landscape

Stefano Boeri Architetti is changing the urban landscape with the creation of sustainable residential towers that are covered in trees, plants, flowers, and shrubs.
This “vertikal forest” bring trees to buildings

Stefano Boeri founded in 1999 Boeri Studio with Gianandrea Barreca and Giovanni La Varra, that turned in 2009 in Stefano Boeri Architetti, in partnership with Michele Brunello. SBA is currently based in Milan, Shanghai, and DohaQatar, researching and practicing contemporary architecture and urbanism, with a focus on biodiversity and sustainable architecture. Stefano Boeri Architetti has recently completed the Vertical Forest, two sustainable residential towers based on urban biodiversity in Milan[needs update]; New General Hospital, a large scale renovation of one of the most prominent medical centres in Milan; CERBA, the master plan of the European Centre for Advanced Medical Research. Stefano Boeri Architetti is also curating Skolkovo innovation center in Moscow, together with Jean Pistre, Speech, David ChipperfieldMohsen MostafaviKazuyo SejimaOMAHerzog & de Meuron and it is developing the detailed masterplan of D4 district with the Moscow-based studio Project Meganom. Stefano Boeri has developed various plans for the reconversion of European waterfronts (Genoa, Naples, Trieste, Cagliari, Salonika, Mytilene) and historical industrial plants redevelopment as the project for Villa Méditerranée, opened in 2013 for Marseilles European Capital of Culture. Stefano Boeri Architetti has recently completed CASA ITALO, designing all lounges and customer areas for the high speed train company NTV, the renovation of old Arsenal at La Maddalena, Sardinia, an intervention that reclaimed a 155.000 sqm abandoned and contaminated area to a new nautical, touristic and convention centre; RCS Corriere della Sera Headquarter (building A2). Stefano Boeri Architetti has developed the guidelines of Milan Expo 2015 concept-masterplan, together with Richard Burdett, Jacques Herzog and William MacDonough.

Past projects in Italy include the research of a low cost and environmentally sustainable social housing model: CASABOSCO, the interior design for the stations of the new Italian private railway company NTV, the new headquarters for RCS – Corriere della Sera – the most important newspaper in Italy, and the renovation of TELECOM headquarters in Rome.

Stefano Boeri Architetti is also very active abroad, outside of Europe, specially in China with the headquarter in Shanghai the studio is developing projects as: The renovation of the former Shanghai Stock Exchange into a cultural exchange center, a mix-use development in Guizhou, in the 1000 Peaks Valley where a minimum standard of 8 sqm agriculture and greenery, together with 8 shrubs, 2 trees, 40 bushes, per inhabitant is inserted into the urban plan, of most interest is the project of “Forest City” recently presented at the Paris Climate Conference (COP21), a model of sustainable city able to consume tons of CO2 and generate oxygen inserted in the region between Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei one of the most polluted regions in the world.

Recently SBA was selected with three other teams by the Egyptian Government to redesign the triangle of Maspero in the heart of downtown Cairo, developing a series of new towers and public facilities along the Nile waterfront. The studio is also engage to develop a new general plans in 2016, the first one is a strategic vision for Tirana as a metropolitan entity (being the widest national and territorial urban reform in Albania in the last 25 years) and the new urban plan for the Republic of San Marino.

Stefano Boeri Architetti is also promoting cultural events and its projects have been shown in international expositions as Venice BiennaleBeijing Design WeekMilan Furniture FairKunst-Werke Institute for Contemporary Art and Musée d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris and published on international magazines such as: A+UDomusAbitareAREAARCHISICONLotus2GMIT PressHarvard Design MagazineFinancial TimesElleLa Repubblica. Stefano Boeri received international prizes and recognitions.


Add access keys – Bitbucket Cloud

Add access keys to your Bitbucket Cloud repositories to allow a user or service to authenticate when pulling or cloning a repository over SSH. For example, you may want to use an access keys to authenticate with Bitbucket when a build server checks out and tests your code.
An access key has the following features and limitations:
• Grant read-only access to a public or private repository.
• Don’t require additional users on your plan.
• Can be added to multiple repositories.
• Can’t also be associated with an account.
• Don’t require a passphrase when used for automated processes.
Before you can add an access key to a repository, you’ll need to generate a unique SSH key just as you would for your individual account.
Step 1. Generate an SSH key
For detailed information on the SSH protocol and generating keys, see Set up an SSH key.
1. From the terminal, enter ssh-keygen at the command line.
The command prompts you for a file to save the key in:
$ ssh-keygen
Generating public/private rsa key pair.
Enter file in which to save the key (/Users/emmap1/.ssh/id_rsa):
2. Press the Enter or Return key to accept the default location.
We recommend you keep the default key name unless you have a reason to change it.
To create a key with a name or path other than the default, specify the full path to the key. For example, to create a key called my-new-ssh-key, enter a path like the one shown at the prompt:
$ ssh-keygen
Generating public/private rsa key pair.
Enter file in which to save the key (/Users/emmap1/.ssh/id_rsa): /Users/emmap1/.ssh/my-new-ssh-key
3. Enter and re-enter a passphrase when prompted.
The command creates your default identity with its public and private keys. The whole interaction will look similar to the following:
$ ssh-keygen
Generating public/private rsa key pair.
Enter file in which to save the key (/Users/emmap1/.ssh/id_rsa):
Created directory ‘/Users/emmap1/.ssh’.
Enter passphrase (empty for no passphrase):
Enter same passphrase again:
Your identification has been saved in /Users/emmap1/.ssh/id_rsa.
Your public key has been saved in /Users/emmap1/.ssh/
The key fingerprint is:
4c:80:61:2c:00:3f:9d:dc:08:41:2e:c0:cf:b9:17:69 emmap1@myhost.local
The key’s randomart image is:
+–[ RSA 2048]—-+
|*o+ooo. |
|.+.=o+ . |
|. *.* o . |
| . = E o |
| o . S |
| . . |
| . |
| |
| |
4. List the contents of ~/.ssh to view the key files.
$ ls ~/.ssh
The command displays two files, one for the public key (for example and one for the private key (for example, id_rsa).
1. From the command line, enter ssh-keygen.
For Windows 7 or earlier
You can only enter ssh-keygen into the Git Bash window. It won’t work in the Command prompt.
The command prompts you for a file to save the key in:
$ ssh-keygen
Generating public/private rsa key pair.
Enter file in which to save the key (/c/Users/emmap1/.ssh/id_rsa):
2. Press enter to accept the default key and path, /c/Users/<username>/.ssh/id_rsa.
We recommend you keep the default key name unless you have a reason to change it.
To create a key with a name or path other than the default, specify the full path to the key. For example, to create a key called my-new-ssh-key, you would enter the Windows path, shown here:
$ ssh-keygen
Generating public/private rsa key pair.
Enter file in which to save the key (/c/Users/emmap1/.ssh/id_rsa): c:\Users\emmap1\.ssh\my-new-ssh-key
3. Enter and re-enter a passphrase when prompted.
The command creates your default identity with its public and private keys. The whole interaction looks similar to this:
$ ssh-keygen
Generating public/private rsa key pair.
Enter file in which to save the key (/c/Users/emmap1/.ssh/id_rsa):
Created directory ‘/c/Users/emmap1/.ssh’.
Enter passphrase (empty for no passphrase):
Enter same passphrase again:
Your identification has been saved in /c/Users/emmap1/.ssh/id_rsa.
Your public key has been saved in /c/Users/emmap1/.ssh/
The key fingerprint is: e7:94:d1:a3:02:ee:38:6e:a4:5e:26:a3:a9:f4:95:d4 emmap1@EMMA-PC
4. List the contents of .ssh to view the key files.
You should see something like the following:
$ dir .ssh
The command displays two files, one for the public key (for example and one for the private key (for example, id_rsa).
Step 2. Add the private key
For the access key to work with your service, you’ll need to add the private key to its system. Where you add the private key depends on the service, but you’ll typically add it from its authentication or credentials section. You may need to add the private key to more than one place. For example, if you’re using Bamboo to build and test your project, you should add the key to each agent.
To authenticate with an access key as a user, add the SSH key to the ssh-agent locally, just as you would when you’re adding the key to your individual account. See Set up an SSH key for more details.
Step 3. Add the public key to your repository
To add an access key to a repository:
1. In a terminal or Command Prompt, log in to the server where the key is located. Copy the contents of the public key to the clipboard:
$ cat ~/.ssh/<public_key_file>

For Full Information, You Can Visit!

By Bill Gates – Data could hold the key to stopping Alzheimer’s

My family loves to do jigsaw puzzles. It’s one of our favorite activities to do together, especially when we’re on vacation. There is something so satisfying about everyone working as a team to put down piece after piece until finally the whole thing is done.
In a lot of ways, the fight against Alzheimer’s disease reminds me of doing a puzzle. Your goal is to see the whole picture, so that you can understand the disease well enough to better diagnose and treat it. But in order to see the complete picture, you need to figure out how all of the pieces fit together.
Right now, all over the world, researchers are collecting data about Alzheimer’s disease. Some of these scientists are working on drug trials aimed at finding a way to stop the disease’s progression. Others are studying how our brain works, or how it changes as we age. In each case, they’re learning new things about the disease.
But until recently, Alzheimer’s researchers often had to jump through a lot of hoops to share their data—to see if and how the puzzle pieces fit together. There are a few reasons for this. For one thing, there is a lot of confusion about what information you can and can’t share because of patient privacy. Often there weren’t easily available tools and technologies to facilitate broad data-sharing and access. In addition, pharmaceutical companies invest a lot of money into clinical trials, and often they aren’t eager for their competitors to benefit from that investment, especially when the programs are still ongoing.
Unfortunately, this siloed approach to research data hasn’t yielded great results. We have only made incremental progress in therapeutics since the late 1990s. There’s a lot that we still don’t know about Alzheimer’s, including what part of the brain breaks down first and how or when you should intervene. But I’m hopeful that will change soon thanks in part to the Alzheimer’s Disease Data Initiative, or ADDI.
I worked with a coalition of partners to create ADDI, because we believe that more data sharing will accelerate progress towards an Alzheimer’s breakthrough. To make this happen, ADDI created the Alzheimer’s Disease workbench.
This workbench hosts an open, global, and easy-to-use set of tools and resources. The goal is to simplify how researchers and data scientists around the world work together and share data, code, and knowledge in order to make advances in the field.
Instead of having to navigate dozens of individual databases, scientists will be able to access and upload information to a patient database from around the world. The workbench also facilitates access to datasets from failed drug trials, since many pharmaceutical companies have decided that the benefits of sharing their data outweigh the risks. And all the data is in compliance with privacy laws, so researchers don’t have to worry about compromising anyone’s personal information.
I’m optimistic that this will make a real difference in Alzheimer’s research, because there are many examples where we’ve made progress on diseases after bringing together large amounts of data. One is malnutrition. Several years ago, our foundation launched an initiative to pool information about childhood growth to try to see when exactly a child who ends up stunted starts falling behind.
That information produced some fascinating insights. For example, we learned that, in South Asia, weather cycles play a huge role in whether a child recovers from a period where he or she doesn’t get enough to eat. If you’re born during monsoon season—when food can be harder to come by—you still have a decent shot at getting back on a normal growth curve eventually. But if your mother was in her third trimester during monsoon season, you’re much less likely to get back on track. This insight has implications for how we address malnutrition in that region, and we would have never discovered it without pooling lots of different data sources.
The Alzheimer’s workbench will finally be available to scientists this month after a year and a half in development. (If you work in data science or Alzheimer’s research, or are just a curious researcher, you can explore the AD Workbench here.) But even though the workbench is only now becoming broadly available, we’re already seeing huge benefits from it—just not on the disease we expected.
In the early days of the COVID-19 pandemic, our foundation decided to use the Alzheimer’s workbench framework to . This platform is letting scientists from all around the world collaborate to understand more about the virus and its impacts. Each insight we gain about the virus moves us closer to the end of the pandemic, just as each insight about Alzheimer’s moves us closer to a breakthrough.
I want to be clear: data alone is not going to find the miracle treatment or the diagnostic we need to stop Alzheimer’s (or COVID-19). But what it can do is let us test hypotheses and point us in the right direction.
Nearly forty million people around the world have Alzheimer’s or dementia today. We have no way to stop or even slow the disease at this point. I lost my dad to Alzheimer’s two months ago, and I wouldn’t wish that experience on anyone. My hope is that the data sharing facilitated by ADDI will move us closer to a world where no one has to watch someone they love suffer from this awful disease.

create a platform for sharing information on the novel coronavirus
The unexpected way we might one day diagnose Alzheimer’s
We’re close to finding a reliable, affordable, and easy-to-use diagnostic for Alzheimer’s.

For Full Information, You Can Visit!